Vacation House Check Request Information
print friendly textonly
Vacation House Check Request Information

When you are planning to be out of town or away from your home for a period of time you can call or come down to the Foster City Police Department to request a vacation house check.

Alternatively, you can submit your request online HERE

Please give us at least 3 business days notice before you leave.  We may need to ask for additional information.

If you arrive home early from your vacation, you are responsible to contact the police department right away. If you forget to contact the police department, an officer may arrive to check on your residence.  Please be prepared to provide your identification to the officer if that happens.  

The Foster City Police Department will periodically check your house and have your contact information on file in case of an emergency.

DISCLAIMER: Requesting a vacation house check does not guarantee that a burglary or other crime will not occur at your residence, and it is only intended to be a request for the Foster City Police Department to check your home periodically, based upon the availability of an officer. No vacation checks while the homeowner is gone from the home are guaranteed. No additional  police response or protection is being guaranteed by requesting a vacation check, other than normal police services and protection which is provided to the general public.

Consequently, it is recommended that you make every effort to safeguard against losses including securing of high value property, using proper locking devices, alarm systems, etc.

In addition, our FCMO states that vehicles parked on the street after 72 hours may be considered "Abandoned Vehicles." Consider parking your vehicle in the driveway or arrange someone to move your vehicle in your absence.

“Excellent Service—Every Call—Every Contact—Every Day!”

City Hall - 610 Foster City Blvd.
Foster City, CA 94404
(650) 286-3200